I’m going to piss n’ moan.
I sometimes hate my fucking job.
I know this is all too common.
As I mentioned before, I’ve been a nurse for several years. I’ve had the privilege of working in a variety of settings, from surgery to the ER. I’ve learned a lot and met some fabulous human beings (co-workers and patients alike) however NOW, I’m working for a large corporation as a “Nurse Trainer.” I won’t bore you with the details, but let’s just say I sit at a fucking desk all day with the goal of getting others to understand simple processes. Sounds pretty straightforward, right? Riiiiiight. <rolls eyes>
I have permanent dents on my forehead from all the head-banging I do. I just haven’t found a better way to cope with my frustration (outside of smoking and drinking heavily.)
At any rate, this corporation defines itself in the community as a “progressive” and “family oriented” place to work. Um yeah, not so much.
I’ve never been to prison, but my assumption is that it’s not all that different from the mundane bullshit I deal with on a daily basis at this place I like to call “Purgatory.”
I think, and I’m just speculating here, that one of the prerequisites to landing a management position within this company, was to fulfill courses in “Hitler 101” and “Empathy- It’s Overrated in the Workplace.”
Case in point. A female co-worker of mine was about 7-8 months pregnant and had a routine doctor appointment. When she advised said manager that she had to leave early, the manager replied, “is the appointment medically necessary?” Um, yeah, I think it’s illegal to ask that question. I may be wrong, but WHAT THE FUCK?
I could certainly go on and provide more examples, however I was hoping the good folks who end up reading this blog would share their work-related miseries.
10 SIGNS THAT YOU HATE YOUR JOB
- The buzzing of your alarm clock each morning induces uncontrollable sobbing.
- You secretly daydream about setting the building on fire (yeah, like Milton in Office Space.)
- You lie on the floor in a fetal position crying on Sunday nights.
- You wonder how you can change your college major now after already spending an exorbitant amount of money on your first degree.
- You secretly flip your boss “the bird” every chance you get.
- Your highlight of the day is bashing your head through your computer screen, causing an electrical display that simulates fireworks (“so pretty!”)
- The sound of your managers voice sounds eerily similar to that of fingernails down a chalkboard, prompting you to shriek out obscenities, while covering your ears with post-it notepads.
- You research WebMD to create new diseases that will allow you more time off.
- Monster.com is on your browser’s “Favorites Bar.”
- On Friday at 4:58 pm, you put on running shoes, because sprinting down 6 flights of stairs in heels will just take longer to get out.